You are SIX months old today Blaykleigh. That is approximately one hundred and eighty two days ... 182 days. It's hard for my mind to grasp how you went from being just one day old to already reaching the half a year old mark. Six months ago today, your daddy and I got to give you your very first kiss; we've given you so so many since then that trying to count them is just silly. But little girl let me remind you how very much you are loved. You have made me a better woman. After all, I want to be the best mother possible for you - you are my little bird, my love, my life.
At 6 months old, Blaykleigh ...
weighs around 17lbs (again, this is according to our bathroom scale) and is around 28 inches in length (her 6 mo. check up is in a few days so I will update her actual weight and length then)
is quite the 'talker', she babbles and babbles and will throw in a "da-da" from time to time
started sleeping in her BIG girl bed, but when she wakes somewhere between 4-5 a.m. to nurse we spend the next few hours snuggling in bed together
has learned to sit up like a big girl, although still tumbles from time to time
loves sweet potatoes and really any food we have fed her thus far
is starting to teeth, you can see where one day soon her two bottom teeth will be making their grand appearance, that also means she gets pretty fussy at times - but can't blame her one bit
is such a happy baby and loves everyone she meets, always leaving them with a smile
gets super excited when she sees other babies, even if they are on the t.v. - I love seeing her face light up
still loves her baths and her paci or "nuni" as we call it in our house
isn't struggling as much as she has in the past with her acid reflux which is absolutely wonderful
1. I am so, so, so very thankful to have been given the best gift in the entire universe - motherhood. There are no words that can possibly begin to describe how much love I have for my daughter. Motherhood truly is a gift that keeps on giving. BLESSED.
2. Thankful for cake in a box. Here it is 11:50 pm and I am up making a cake for Blaykleigh. Why, you ask? Because tomorrow is her half birthday and I want to start a tradition of celebrating her (as well as any other future child of ours) half birthday(s) ... it's going to be a family tradition type of thing, it's going to be a beautiful memory I hope she will forever keep. Yes, I know she is only 6 months old and won't even get to enjoy her cake or even remember this particular "half birthday" hoopla that's about to go down but I am determined to start our tradition now ... so let the celebration commence! And hopefully in the years to follow, I can whip out my baking skills and bake her a made-from-scratch-cake or cupcakes or cake-pops (whichever she prefers) and I won't be up so late baking a cake from a box! But with school ruling my life these days, I find ways to make due.
... Stumbled across this post (i am a mama again) this a.m. while drinking my cup of coffee, it was so amazingly sweet and real. It made my heart smile knowing that these two beautiful girls have a place to call home so I thought I would pass it along. God does wondrous things.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving; go to his courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and praise His name ... Psalm 100:4
3. Thankful for relaxing bubble baths. After a long day like today, a soak in the tub is just what I needed. Not to mention that it is 58 degrees (that is basically freeeezing down here in Sparkles) making a warm bubble bath even more enticing. What a lovely way to wrap up ones day! p.s. World Market has the worlds best bubble bath that of which I am sure of.
4. Thankful for Sunday lunches out at my Nana's house! She works so hard each Sunday to feed her kids, grandkids and at times great-grandkids (she has eleven of them!) a lovely home cooked meal. And it is so nice being able to get together with family and visit.
She always says the best prayer too:
We thank thee Lord for happy hearts
rain and sunny weather.
We thank thee Lord for this our food
that we are together.
(I plan on making this our meal time prayer for when B is a older)
8. Thankful for family game nights, nothing like a little friendly competition. Tonight was Yahtzee with the in-laws, Bonnie and I dominated the two males at the table AND on the last game I got not one, not two but THREE Yahtzee's! Boo-yah. It will probably be the first and last time that it will happen but I will boast in all my glory for the time being.
10. Thankful for these delicious cookies! They are heavenly. Gingersnaps all the way from Sweden and I do not lie when I say that we are already on our 2nd tin within a month - we like our food in this house. Thin, crisp and full of flavor makes them hard to resist. And the tins are super cute; would make an awesome gift to give a 'foodie' and can be purchased at Cost Plus World Market (one of my favorite stores).
There is always, always, always something to be thankful for.
11. So thankful to have such an amazingly comfortable bed. We were in Austin for the day yesterday and didn't get home until after 3am. Words can't even describe how wonderful it was to come home and crawl into our bed. Tempurpedic is the way to go folks!
It's been busy around here, so today (well, what's left of it being that it is after 11pm) and tomorrow are going to be rolled into one post.
12. I am thankful that my in-laws are going to be able to spend Thanksgiving with us. Jason's parents haven't seen Blaykleigh since she was born; oh man, are they in for a treat! I am soooo excited to get to spend time with them and for them to be able to soak up as much B time as physically possible. Being so far away from both of our immediate family is definitely not easy to say the least.
p.s. this is going to be our very first Thanksgiving in our house - can't wait to make tons of beautiful memories.
13. I am thankful for the chance to get to visit a dear friend of mine! She just recently moved to Austin from Colorado and tomorrow afternoon/evening Blaykleigh and I will be spending some much needed girl time with her while Jase supports his Wildcats.