Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 30 days of thanks

Day twenty nine.



2. Thankful for cake in a box. Here it is 11:50 pm and I am up making a cake for Blaykleigh. Why, you ask? Because tomorrow is her half birthday and I want to start a tradition of celebrating her (as well as any other future child of ours) half birthday(s) ... it's going to be a family tradition type of thing, it's going to be a beautiful memory I hope she will forever keep. Yes, I know she is only 6 months old and won't even get to enjoy her cake or even remember this particular "half birthday" hoopla that's about to go down but I am determined to start our tradition now ... so let the celebration commence! And hopefully in the years to follow, I can whip out my baking skills and bake her a made-from-scratch-cake or cupcakes or cake-pops (whichever she prefers) and I won't be up so late baking a cake from a box! But with school ruling my life these days, I find ways to make due. 

No comments:

Post a Comment