A good portion of this weekend was dedicated to getting our creative juices flowing! It all started with this great desire within to do something different with our "kitchen table wall". I did a little searching on pinterest (surprise, surprise) and came across a really neat project which you can find here and once I got the husband on board I made it our weekend mission. Friday afternoon, we hit up JoAnn's and bought our supplies and Friday night once the little miss was slumbering, we got down to business! On a side note, have I ever said how much I l-o-v-e that my husband helps me with all these crafty projects of mine? ... Because I DO!!!
Some instructions on 'how to' just incase you would like to give it a go!
- canvas of all sizes
- acrylic paint
- vinyl letters - you can find them where they have the presentation boards, Walmart was the cheapest at $3.99 a pack
- scrapbook paper
- sponge paint brushes
- mod podge
The 'how to':
- apply mod podge to the canvas and adhere the scrapbook paper to it
- once you have allowed several minutes for the mod podge to dry place your vinyl letters onto the canvas
- start painting the entire canvas with a light coat of paint (you want the scrapbook paper to lightly show through the paint)
- after the paint is dry you can then peel off the vinyl letters
- if the paint it too thick on canvas or if you want more of a vintage look then rub the sandpaper randomly over the canvas but be careful not to press too hard
- last apply a coat of mod podge to the entire canvas for a finished look
... and the finished product!
What do you think?