Wednesday, December 7, 2011

DIY countertop cleaner


Okay, I swear by this stuff. I pinned it awhile back and have been using it for the last few months and it is amazing!!! We have granite countertops in our kitchen and after I wipe them down with the homemade countertop cleaner, it's like the entire room sparkles. I have used it in the bathrooms too where there isn't granite and it works just as well. 

All it takes is about an 1/8 of rubbing alcohol, a few drops of Dawn antibacterial soap, a little bit of scented oil (I chose Lavender) and water. Then you shake it all together and done! Now you have a bottle full of what I would consider to be the world's best countertop cleaner. I promise, once you try this stuff you won't want to use the store bought cleaners ever again!!!

4 comments:

  1. I use a similar formula, but with 1/4 c of alcohol. Works wonders!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a difference. You did a fantastic job on them.

    Kitchen Countertops

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little confused on the amount. It just says 1/8. So, 1/8 what? cup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fill the bottle about an 8th full of the rubbing alcohol. Hope this helps. :)

      Delete