Saturday, June 25, 2016

28 weeks


Hello sweet, sweet third trimester! I am so relieved and thankful that my precious girl and I have made it this far. It was definitely a rough first and second trimester with too many ups and downs for my liking but nevertheless here we are. Soooo many thanks sent above, truly blessed <3 !!! 

Baby size? Well according to recent measurements we have a petite girl growing in my womb, she is measuring in the 35th percentile. Doctors will continue to monitor her growth carefully due to the blood pressure medication I am on. 

Total weight gain? I think I am up about 20 lbs (eeek!) but that's how it goes when you grow a human. ;)

Maternity clothes? Some here and there. I can still wear a lot of pre-pregnancy tops but as for bottoms definitely sporting the maternity pants and shorts! Although, most days you can find me in a flowy dress. I am all about being comfortable and cool in this summer heat. 

Miss anything? Sushi has been on my mind a lot lately!!! And ... wine.

Movement? Let's just say as of now she is a night owl, she does most of her super active movements at night right before I fall asleep and then all throughout the night. Hoping that changes as the weeks pass. 

Symptoms? Contractions. Dang contractions all the time! I am honestly surprised she hasn't popped out yet with as many as I have but so far doctor says my cervix is still closed. 

Belly button in or out? Still an innie.

Wedding ring on or off? On! Although at times when it's super hot out, it gets pretty tight. 

Sleep? Eh, not much has changed since the last update. Not ideal that is for sure. 

Best moment this week? Well last week I turned 30 and the hubby threw me an awesome surprise 30th birthday party the weekend before so that was fun and totally unexpected. OH! Annnnd he totally found someone here in Des Moines to make me the Spring Fling cake that I am obsessed with from The Market in Denver. It made this pregnant mama's taste buds super happy :))

Exercise? Going up and down the stairs is about as much exercise as I get. Definitely anxious to get into a good groove once Nellie is living in the outside world! 

Cravings? Sushi, salads, tasty sandwiches and adult beverages. 

Happy or Moody? Depends on the situation, definitely short on patience though.  

Looking forward to? Going to visit the in-laws in Wichita in a few weeks over the 4th of July. It will be nice to have a little getaway and get to visit with them. 

Thank you! Everything in me says "thank you!" Angels listen as I sing my thanks. I kneel in worship facing your holy temple and say it again: "thank you!". Thank you for your love, thank you for your faithfulness; most holy is your name, most holy is your Word. The moment I called out, you stepped in; you made my life large with strength. - Psalm 138:2

No comments:

Post a Comment