Friday, May 27, 2016

24 weeks


It's hard to believe that I am 4 short weeks away from my third trimester, we have a busy summer ahead and I have a feeling it's going to fly by fast!!! I am trying my best to savor our time together, this little treasure growing within me but I am also anxious to meet our girl and see what a family of 4 is all about. In the meantime I am enjoying my time with Blaykleigh, getting in lots of mommy & B time ... kindergarten is just around the corner (cue pregnant hormonal sobs). 

Baby Size? - At 24 weeks Miss Nellie is roughly the size of an ear of corn, so about 12 inches in length and weighing in around 1 1/3 lbs.
Total weight gain? - Not sure the exact number on the scale at this point by my belly is starting to "pop" which is exciting to see, couple of more weeks and I am sure I will have a lovely pregnant belly to show off. ;)
Maternity clothes? - Some. Still can fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans if I do the rubber band trick but starting to feel more comfortable in clothes with a little extra wiggle room. I can see myself living in maxi dresses this summer!
Miss anything? - Lately have been wanting either a margarita or pina colada, I think it's the summer heat getting to me. But boy, that sounds amazing! Also, salads. A big, cold, dinner salad sounds like heaven right about now.

Movement? - I feel like she moves more and more each day. She is definitely starting to get into a pattern and I'm wondering if she is going to be a little night owl?!
Symptoms? - Still have to say the most bothersome symptoms are the contractions and lack of sleep.
Belly button in or out? - In. ;)
Wedding ring on or off? - On!
Sleep? - Between my multiple nightly bathroom trips and the contractions, sleep isn't the best to say the least.
Best moment this week? - Having my momma and niece Kailyn in town to celebrate Blaykleigh's 5th birthday! ... My mom being able to feel Nell move about within my womb.

Exercise? - Still on the "take it easy" orders from the doctor! Soooo, no exercise.
Cravings? - Cold fruit. Wine. Margs. Fruity cocktail drinks. I swear, the summer heat is to blame for all the alcoholic cravings hehe.

Happy or Moody? - Happy most of the time. But definitely more short tempered. #pregnancyhormones

Looking forward to? - Getting the nursery in order! She will be here before long.
Thank you! Everything in me says "thank you!" Angels listen as I sing my thanks. I kneel in worship facing your holy temple and say it again: "thank you!". Thank you for your love, thank you for your faithfulness; most holy is your name, most holy is your Word. The moment I called out, you stepped in; you made my life large with strength. - Psalm 138:2


No comments:

Post a Comment