Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sensory Treasure Basket

I found this idea on The Imagination Tree website (here) like forever ago, while pregnant and on bed rest! This website has so many great ideas for creative play for little ones so I suggest you check it out. Since Blaykleigh has started crawling she has become way more curious about her surroundings and gets easily bored if in one place for too long. So the other day I was in desperate need of a good solid 5+ hours of study time but really would take any amount that Blaykleigh would give me and I remembered seeing this idea. I spent probably 20 minutes or so rummaging the house for random 'sensory' items that would be safe for her to play with. I threw them in a basket that we had laying around the house and set her in front of it and I kid you not, she entertained herself for almost 2 hours!!! It was a miracle and even better, it was f-r-e-e!






I would say that the sensory treasure basket was a success! I plan on adding more to it and possibly even changing it out from time to time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment