Sunday, January 1, 2012

12 in 2012

I have never been one to make a 'real' list of resolutions at the beginning of each new year. The lists I have made were more mental and didn't have the best of success rates! But this year, this year is going to be different. I am not wanting to recreate who I am nor am I looking to conquer the world. But, I do have belief in my ability to kick some bad habits, create a few new healthy ones and overall, sort of polish myself into a better version of myself!

Here is my list:

1. daily devotions - I used to be really good at this one. Somehow, I let life and it's business take it's place more often than I would like to admit. I must slow down and make Him a priority each and everyday again. Super duper excited to get back into this habit!!!
2. improve my physique - not wanting to lose a ton of weight by any means but those last few pounds that are clinging on for dear life since having B ... well it's time for them to disappear. This also means that I need to find, make or if I have to, ADD an hour to my day a minimum of 3 times a week to get in a workout!
3. become better organized - I need to plan it into my day - everyday! Do a little something here or there each day even if it is only 15 minutes. Have I ever told you how much I hate putting away laundry? Well, I do. Washing and folding are fine but the 10-15 minutes it takes to put it away is pure torture. So this means no more clean laundry sitting out waiting to be put up.
4. create a daily schedule to help guide the time in my day - this one is to help me mainly with numero tres on my list. I think I work best with a schedule; when all my 'to-do's' are written down, staring me in the face.
5. fine tune my diet - extra fruits and veggies please! hold the sugar!
6. start using reusable grocery sacks - I started collecting them awhile back but each time I go to the store I forget to bring them ... go figure.
7. random words of kindness to those around me - I LOVE this one. Bad days happen to the best of us and sometimes it's nice to hear a kind word or two to help perk up the spirits. I want to be that person to light up someone else's day whether they are having a good day or a bad day!!!
8. grow my own vegetables - Jason has already allotted me a piece of the backyard where I can make this happen. YAY!
9. date night(s) - a baby can change so many things in your life, now that Blaykleigh is 7 months old I think it's time and important that Jason and I get one night a month just to our selves!
10.  drink more water - I was really good at this while pregnant but not so much anymore.
11. more time each day with Blaykleigh - she won't be little forever and so I need to soak up as much of her at this age as I possibly can!!!
12. crafting - this is my "me time", helps me unwind when the creative juices start flowing. So it would be really nice if I could fit in a crafty project once a week and start knocking out some of those ideas on pinterest.




Here's to turning over a new leaf! 

No comments:

Post a Comment