Tuesday, June 26, 2012

summer days

I like summer, I really do but it's not my most favorite season of the year especially when it's so ridiculously hoooot out - 105 degrees of muggy, steaming heat to be exact! I do my best to avoid the outdoors at these temperatures because it's just not a pleasurable experience but when water is involved I am game! So when a friend invited us to go to the splash park and then walk around the aquarium I was all in. 

Up until today, I had yet to take Blaykleigh to the splash park because she isn't walking and I didn't think she would be able to do much; I was wrong to say the least. This little girl of ours l-o-v-e-s the water! She had such a fun time getting to play and I had a blast watching her explore - and the water cooling us both down was the icing on the cake. OH and what is a hot day without a little dippin' dots treat?! I love those tiny beads of cryogenically frozen ice cream; Blaykleigh now shares the same love of dippin' dots! Like mother, like daughter. 

After our little splash park escapade it was time to hit up the aquarium for a bit before heading home. Blaykleigh mastered the fish face (thanks to Nani for teaching her the essentials amongst the animal kingdom) and thought the dolphin show was just the funniest thing she had ever seen. I honestly haven't ever heard her laugh that hard at something without being tickled, it was really cute!  

So there you have it. Our fun summer day! Thank you Heidi for the invite. 










No comments:

Post a Comment